Bariers to Learning Course ( Special Needs.)
Skills Development Programme 22 Credits
Demonstrate how learning programmes can enhance the participation of learners with special needs
Respond appropriately to learners with special needs
Describe specialised service providers
Assess suitability and effectiveness of services against individual needs
Record, store and maintain referral information
Facilitate an inclusive educational environment in ECD settings
Identify and respond to leaners with special needs and barriers to learning
Course Duration & Structure:
Four months with four contact session , 1 review session and 1 exam plus a final report-back session
50% self study
30% practical experience and assignments
20% class work
Successful completion of the basic child care course and the core unit standards in the level 4 qualification or equivalent.
On successfully completing this course. You will receive 22 credits.
|Facilitate and inclusive educational environment in ECD settings
|Indentify and respond to learners with special needs and barriers to learning
- Identify learners who have special learning, counselling or health needs, refer these learners to relevant-services and take appropriate action within the learning situation.
- Examine and challenge attitudes, biases and behaviours that create and maintain barriers to learning and development;
- Critically explain the nature, causes and effects of significant barriers to learning and development in the-ECD programme and community,
- Create and maintain supportive networks with family, service providers and community organisations-working with children experiencing barriers to learning and development;
- Develop effective strategies to address barriers to learning and development in different ECD settings-
- through a process of reflective practice.
- Dealing with HIV/AIDS: a school policy
|Special Needs Course (Barriers to learning) 2024